Search This Blog

Monday, January 23, 2012

Paradise Found


Ho brah! How you stay? Stoney kine yeah? We're back from Hawaii, and we had an awesome time. I took mad pictures y'all, and have some stories to talk to you ! When we left New England, in the middle of December, there was no snow, and the temperatures were still in the 50s. The day of our departure dawned sunny and mostly clear, so take off was a breeze. 



Somewhere over New England

Security at the airport was fun to go through, even with the full body sci-fi scanner, I still got the TSA feel-up. Hubs said it was because of my jewelry, and he's most likely right, but come on people, a pat down for a necklace? OOOOKKKKKK. So after that, we sat around for a while and hyped ourselves up for the really long day of travel ahead of us. By the way, I'm sure most of you know that airports are non smoking, but did you know that if you want a cigarette, you have to leave the terminal and go through security again to get back in? Intellectually I knew this, but I didn't think it important at the time.

Over land and sea we traveled. 

The first leg of our journey went smoothly. The flight was about 5 hours, I only had to pee once, maybe twice and I hardly thought about smoking at all. Also, by this time I was starting to get hungry. I figures that we'd have enough time during our layover in Phoenix to grab a quick smoke and a sandwich before getting on another plane. I was wrong. Very very wrong. Oh we had time to grab a sandwich, and get in line to board our next flight immediately. I didn't even have time to think about peeing.


My first glimpse of Molokai


Flying from Phoenix to Honolulu was awesome and uneventful. Flying over the ocean takes a little getting used to, but the views are worth it. The last leg of our adventure was on a single prop Cessna, to hop over to Molokai. I have to admit that for the first time I was scared a little. The plane looked so tiny! If you don't like roller coasters, don't try this one. I loved every second of it though!! And at last we landed!! Hello Hawaii!

No comments:

Post a Comment