Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Sleepless in what now?

I awoke this morning at 3 AM to a wet pillow and a desperate need to pee. Yes, that's right..my insomnia's back with a vengeance and some scary new tactics. See, I fell asleep easily enough, at a reasonable hour ( 10 ish I think) comfy and not too warm, even though it's hot as blazes here right now and my room never seems to cool off..so being thrust into awareness was surprising as hell. The peeing thing I can understand, dinner was pretty salty so I drank a bunch of water. The wet pillow? Ahh..it stayed a balmy 85 degrees in my bedroom last night, even with fans, the AC and later on windows open to catch a breeze. To have both of these conditions work together though, to rob me of my much needed rest is just unfair though. Because, like many of you out there.. my day starts when I pee for the first time. It's how I know I'm done sleeping for a while. So, picture this..me, in my apartment, in the dark ( hubs was still blissful in slumber..the lucky bastard!) wondering if it was even worth trying to go back to bed when I KNOW that my alarms just going to go off in a few hours. I considered making some coffee, pushing through until hubs went to school and then just taking a nap, but I always feel like a slacker when I do that. If he's got to up and doing stuff during the day, I should be up doing stuff too. Gah..stupid fair play grumble grumble..

So now it's (later on in the) morning, I'm "awake", sans coffee and man....it feels like..actually, I feel pretty good.
                                                                               What??

The sun's out, it's looking like it's going to be a beautiful day, I'm hoping that Hay comes for a visit today, the baby geese are trying out their wings, and life is pretty freakin good. Huh, what do ya know about that? I hope everyone else has a lovely morning, because whether I want to or not, it looks like I'm going to.

ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment