Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Awww yeah, here we go

My to do list for today is short. I only have about 5 chores that need to get accomplished before I can sit down and get some work done. "Sweet!" you're thinking, right? I know that's what I was thinking. But my list just got shorter. Why? Some inconsiderate asshat broke the washing machine. AGAIN. In my building, there's just the one washer and dryer to service all 12 apartments. Normally it's not a big deal to wait for an hour or two to get the laundry done, but recently ( and I'm not mentioning any names only because I don't know them) our neighbors have somehow managed to break the washing machine about...oh, I can think of at least 5 instances in the last 2 months where I'll go down with my stuff and find the machine full of dirty water ( like today) or otherwise broke down. Now, the instructions on the machine are easy to follow. Put in your clothes, making sure not to overload the washer. Add your soap, add your money and BOOM, clean shirts for everyone. I think it's the new family that just moved in across the hall from us. We never used to have this issue, the most annoyance I ever ran into was having to wait for someone else to be done. Maybe who ever is breaking the machine is functionally illiterate, but I prefer to be paranoid about it and think that they just don't want me to have clean undies. The bastards.  I honestly wish I could catch someone in the act of douchery that's breaking the shit. Not to yell or cause a scene or anything dramatic like that, but so I know who to avoid just in case stupidity really is contagious. My only options now are to wait for it to get fixed, find another Laundromat (hello extra expense I don't need), call the land lady and bitch or sit here and write about how pissed I am. I think you all can guess what I'm doing first. I want to be a good neighbor, I really do. I'm considerate with my noise (for the most part), don't make gross smelling food that could pollute the hallway with stink, and haven't yet hit any one's car in the parking lot. However, when one is running out of fresh clothes, all bets are off.
There. I feel better now, like I could hold an adult conversation without swearing like a pissed off trucker. Let's see how the rest of the day goes, shall we?



No comments:

Post a Comment