Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Duality in Nature? Ummm....ok

Work Mouth: A form of self-censorship practiced at work to avoid offensive or cuss words. Typically includes cuss-replacements you learned from your grandma. Potentially embarrassing if accidentally used outside of work at parties or in the company of your drunk friends.

May also be used in the company of grandparents, teachers, preachers, and others who disapprove of cussing.

Does not apply to all professions. Musicians and construction workers have no need for a work mouth.
At work:
-Did you just say fuck?
-Yeah, sorry. I forgot to use my work mouth.

At a party:
-Did you just say fiddlesticks?
-Yeah, sorry. I still have my work mouth on. 

*Urban Dictionary .com

Why do we feel the need to separate ourselves? When did it become necessary to have different faces to wear depending on the situation? I wonder these things, because I can't for the life of me remember where I put my "work face"...it's been too long since I had to deal with the general public for long stretches of time and honestly? I don't really want to find it. I would rather work someplace where I can be myself..my REAL self, cuss words and all. Here's hoping such a place still exists..
 OH! And my belated Valentine's Day gift arrived last night...my darling hubs got me a Kindle! So now I can keep collecting all the books I want without filling up our entire house! HOORAY!!
Have a great day everyone, and if your soap starts back talking..rub it on your butt. xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment