Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

What the everloving hell is this shit?

 Oh how I wish this was another rant about douchbag neighbors, or the crappy crappy weather. But this is far more serious than anything I could make up to be pissed about. I'm so fired up I couldn't even wait until tomorrow to write about it. Here's the petition, with a link to sign if you're interested:

Subject: Help to stop the GOP plan to redefine rape

Hi,

 I just heard about a horrible GOP bill that could redefine rape and
set women's rights back by decades.

Here's the deal: Right now, federal dollars can't be used for abortion
except in cases of rape, incest, or when the woman's life is in danger.
But the bill, introduced by Republican congressman Chris Smith, would
narrow that use to "cases of 'forcible' rape but not statutory or coerced
rape."

As far too many women know, bruises and broken bones do not define rape -
a lack of consent does. This bill is scary - so I signed a petition
telling Congress to stand up and oppose the bill. Can you join me at the
link below?
http://pol.moveon.org/smithbill/?temp9

Right?? You're pissed now too, aren't you? If you aren't, than I hate you. For real. This is a frightening move by our government, and as a woman, I just can't believe that it's even being taken seriously. Maybe it's the 7&7 talking, but I doubt it. The thousands of women left battered and broken by acts of rape demand justice. My little brother is the one who told me about this. He was yelling something from his room, and when asked what the issue was, he could barely speak. I don't think I've ever seen him more pissed off. If this bill passes, no woman will ever feel safe again. I can pretty much guarantee that I'll start carrying a weapon, properly licensed and concealed, and I don't think I'll be alone. People are too crazy already without taking away the deterrent of criminal prosecution. I want to go outside and scream "Listen up motherfuckers, I'm a woman, and this is BULLSHIT!" If you feel even a little bit the same way, sign the petition. And if that doesn't work, join me in the inevitable march on Washington to protest. I imagine it will happen sometime in the spring. We could see the cherry blossoms.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for bringing this to attention. How disgusting of our government to revoke womens rights in such a demoralizing way.

    ReplyDelete