Search This Blog

Friday, February 25, 2011

*Sigh*

This morning I was watching the news while making breakfast for hubs, and I saw a story about a little boy who was murdered in New Hampshire. Basically, the story goes like this: A three year old boy named Christian Jackson was killed by blunt force trauma, he died after being admitted to the hospital over the weekend. The mother of this child was already under investigation for hiding the fact that her young daughter had 17 broken bones, and was taken to Mexico for treatment. 17. Broken. Bones. The mother didn't have anything to say about that case on the news this morning, and the newscasters kind of treated it like an interesting side note. To me, it was heartbreaking. If this woman couldn't care for her children, why was she allowed to keep them? How was this toddler still in her custody? She says that the boy was with his father at the time, but I think that's a lame excuse. I think that if she loved her children, she would never, NEVER have allowed anything like this to happen to them. Now her son is dead. I don't know where her daughter is..hopefully somewhere far away from her, and whoever else her mother is associated with. I actually had a mini breakdown, and am starting to tear up again just thinking about how badly I want a child, and how unfair it is that women (and yes, men too) who are given this most precious of gifts just squander and abuse it. I wish I was rich, so I could take in all these kids and show them that family means love, help with homework and reasonable discipline, not bruises...not broken bones. And not death at the hands of the person who is supposed to protect you. Hubs and I have been trying for about 3 years to get pregnant, and while the doctors tell me that we're both healthy, and shouldn't have any problems..well..3 years is a long time to carry a wish in your heart. And when I see someone who has what I want so badly for myself...just waste it. It's not fair. I'm angry. And sad. I'm trying not to hate..but it's hard, so hard not to.

Sorry for being such a downer on a Friday. I can't even begin to think of a way to lighten the mood now.






RIP Christian Jackson. May your next trip down the road be longer, healthier and much much happier.



No comments:

Post a Comment