Search This Blog

Thursday, February 3, 2011

The Good Stuff

I'm getting into the spirit of Valentine's Day a little early this year. I've already started on hub's present, and I think he'll love it! Many thanks go to Little Brother for the idea, and help with the execution! I would tell you what it is, but hubs sometimes reads my blog and I can't have him finding out too early, now can I? Thinking about Love and such puts me a pretty good mood, as I'm sure it does for most of you. I don't want to get to sciencey or technical, talking about hormones and pheromones just kills the mood. I want to talk about the good stuff. The stuff that makes you realize how lucky you are in your choice of partner, the soft feeling you get when you laugh together, the pride you feel when they get something awesome done.
    My favorite part of the day is bedtime, and not just for the obvious reasons. Bedtime is when hubs and I have our best discussions. Bed it where we finally relax and talk about what REALLY happened during our day. Of course, sometime we just get silly and last night was a perfect example of that. (As an aside, I'm going to try to remember this as accurately as possible, sorry hubs if I exaggerate too much!) So we're laying there, snuggled up and warm under the blankets. Hubs asks me what's wrong, I say nothings wrong, I'm fine but he persists. (He always knows when I'm troubled! It's spooky) So I tell him about the bill I wrote about yesterday, and how it makes me a little sad and a lot scared. I had been expecting him to comfort me, or at least be outraged like I was. Instead, we have a debate about personal responsibility! I couldn't believe it! I was getting so mad! Infuriated even!! Had I made a huge mistake telling him about this??! Then I realized what he was doing..playing Devil's Advocate so I could work out my thoughts and be clear about why I felt the way I did.  Of course that ploy doesn't work if you know what's happening. He had to be serious about it so I could be serious too. That man is a sneaky genius sometimes, I'm tellin ya.
So, after I calmed down we got back to talking about nonsense, and I realized that I loved him so much for engaging my brain, I wanted to do something nice to show my appreciation. But he did this thing with his eyebrow...and I just lost it. (If you've met hubs, you know his eyebrows are quite mobile...but last night he did something where they completely changed shape. It was amazing!) I was laughing too hard to do anything but hug him and give smooches before going to sleep. I wish everyone could find their special person..I really think a lot of society's ills could be mended if more people were happy in their relationships. As a closer, here's my favorite picture from our wedding. Love to everyone today, tomorrow and forever! (soooo mushy! what is wrong with me today?!)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment