Search This Blog

Monday, January 31, 2011

Enough already!

I think that this will be the third week in a row where we get a "major" weather event. It's supposed to snow, AGAIN starting tomorrow, and I've heard that we'll get anywhere from 2-15 inches. Seriously? SERIOUSLY?? AND ice?? What is this, my birthday? I know I've bitched about the weather a lot recently, but who can blame me? At this time last year, I was in Southern California. Wearing flip flops. And shorts. Like a normal person. Now I have to bundle up so much I can barely move my arms. And trust me, apparently you never grow out of the "phew I'm finally all dressed, crap, now I have to pee" phase. So. to combat my stress over the weather, I've been turning to my second favorite past time..reading. Sure, I've read all the books I own, but who cares? I don't, mainly because I love a good story. Almost as much as I love...ummm....let's just say cake.
   I've also been playing a lot of video games. Mostly WoW, but with some others thrown in to mix it up. I can't really explain my love for that game, the best I can do is to tell you that it's like starring in a never ending movie that keeps changing.  Here's a picture of one of my characters....

 That's Nik, she's my first and favorite. As silly as it might seem, I really am proud of what we've accomplished together in the game. From leveling all the way to 85 to meeting the hubs, Nik has been with me. Like an alter ego almost. Or a secret identity. Oh, you didn't know? I met my husband in "the world", as we nerds like to call it. Nik's face was the one he saw first, as the only way to communicate is through the in game chat program. It's like the ultimate blind date. I'll post the whole story sometime, with pictures of important locations later on. Now though, I think I'm going to go work out (YUK) and maybe have some breakfast. 

No comments:

Post a Comment