Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

It's not what it looks like, I swear!

Oh boy, check this out. Hubs and I went to file our taxes last week ( I KNOW..procrastinate much? LOL!) and while our accountant was filling our the forms, we got to the section where you list your occupation and ages and shit. Well, there is an 8 year age difference between hubs and myself (I'm older..*insert cougar noise here*) and last year our occupations were...get ready for it....student (him) and teacher (me). The accountant didn't notice it, but when I saw it, my face exploded into the fiercest blush ever. Hubs saw my face before he noticed what was on the screen, when he saw what I was blushing at, he couldn't stop laughing. When the accountant finally looked at us and asked what was going on, hubs pointed at the screen, and I stammered "It's not what it looks like...really!" She laughed too..making me want to just melt down into the floor. A lot of the time, I don't notice the age difference between us, but every once and a while it gets a little awkward.

                                                  Like having a backyard full of badgers.

Here's something that JUST happened to me...the house phone rang, caller ID says "800 service". Thinking it might be Hub's school or the VA, I answer. An electronic voice says "This in *garbled something * 80 Interstate" and hangs up. I am now creeped out and going to hide in my bathroom for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment