Search This Blog

Friday, April 1, 2011

A Quandry...

I know, I know, it's Friday night and I should be out being awesome in some V.I.P room somewhere..I KNOW.  But I have no money for things like champagne baths right now, so instead, I thought I'd ask everyone a question. First, some background. On Facebook, I'm sure we all have people listed as "friends" that we aren't sure we know, or how we know them or whatever. Maybe (like in my case) this person is "friends" with a bunch of folks you actually remember from high school, and you're (again, like me) assuming that you MUST know them somehow, otherwise how do all these other people you know, know them? OK, so here's the question..the person I am referring to has the worst grammar ever. I mean EVER. It's painful to read the status updates and I get a headache trying to figure out what the hell they're talking about. ( HA, I almost wrote "aboot"...lol Canadians). I've been putting up with it for a while now, noticing that no one is calling this person out about sounding dumb in public. Until tonight, it was just a sort of shudder and move on kind of thing..but then I wondered..did this person have a stroke and their language areas get scrambled? Did they suffer some kind of catastrophic accident, leaving them unable to make sense in plain English? And how impolite is it to ask that question to the person directly? What I mean is, can I send them a private message (cuz I just can't be THAT bitchy...oh wait, yes I could, but in this case I won't) asking them point blank, "Are you really that dumb? Do you not have spell check? Or grammar check? Come on, you can tell me. What was it, stroke? Hammer to the dome piece? WHAT WAS IT THAT MAKES YOU TALK LIKE THAT??"

Phew. Now I feel better. Hope I didn't scare anyone with my excessive punctuation or random caps..but at least it DoesN't LoOk LikE ThAt.....<----makes me want to hit things. With my car. Anyhow, enjoy your weekend, hopefully it'll be nice out so we can go play.



No comments:

Post a Comment